Yoga Fundamentals Immersion Course
starts May 5th – open for registration now
What is the Yoga Fundamentals Immersion Course?
Just as a building could not stand without a solid foundation, one could not possibly progress to a good practice without acquiring the fundamental knowledge first. Over this 5-week journey, you will learn basic, simple and practical skills that include the practice of Asana, Pranayama, Meditation, Chanting, Kriyas and Bandhas.
Skills that you will learn, explore and gain:-
- Breathing better
- Listening deeply to the Body
- Connecting with your Mind and Heart
- Establishing a healthy posture
- Creating safe and proper alignment
- Moving safely and intelligently
- Creative modifications and innovative ways that can be adapted to your needs
- Maintaining general wellbeing and wellness
- Managing stress and creating balance physically, mentally and emotionally
- Designing your unique, personal practice at home
- Empowering yourself through various practices
- Appreciating the subtler practices and much more…
We warmly welcome you to join us in learning, exploring and designing your own building blocks for a safe, stable and fun self-practice.
The Yoga Fundamentals Immersion Course is categorized as the [BODY] practices, under the theme of MBH [MIND] [BODY] [HEART] ~ forming the pillars of Shantih Shala Holistic Arts.
- Breath awareness, proper breathing
- Body scan and deep listening within
- Establishing a neutral spine and healthy posture
- Moving safely
- Core activation
- Recovery/restorative asanas
- Recovery/restorative asanas
- Surya Namaskar 101 (asana)
- Downdog 101 (asana)
- Inversions (asana)
- Backbends (asana)
- Recovery/restorative practices (asana)
Note: Course content is subjected to change depending on the progression of the group
Who should join the Yoga Fundamentals Immersion Course?
Anyone who is interested in discovering, healing and empowering the [MIND] [BODY] [HEART] to enhance general wellbeing, deepen their spiritual path and of course, meet like-minded souls will benefit from this course.
No prior experience is needed; suitable for beginners and for anyone wishing to relearn the primary skills in a Yoga practice. For experienced Yoga practitioners and teachers, this could also serve as a reminder to emphasize on creating a safe practice, learn to be responsible for ourselves and others.
Why makes the Yoga Fundamentals Immersion Course special?
The teachings in this course can be applied across other energy-related disciplines including Tai Chi, Qigong, Dance, Meditation, physical exercise and so on. Plus, other techniques from Intuitive Bodywork © will also be incorporated to enhance our practice further. These practical skills could also be applied in your everyday life to encourage a healthy posture, moving safely, preventing/managing injuries and enhance your existing practice.
Who is the facilitator?
Your course facilitator is Josephine Ong, founder and leading therapist of Shantih Shala Holistic Arts (SSHA). Please visit the links below for more info:
Where is the venue?
Classes will be held The White Room, an intimate home studio located at the heart of the city, Xujiahui. To maximize efficient learning and focus for personal attention, class sizes will be kept small. Practice sessions, group discussions, interactive exchanges and homework will be assigned to help us remember better while making it fun!
*Note: detailed map and directions will be sent upon registration
Intro to Yoga Fundamentals Workshops
As a pre-requisite and for you to experience a glimpse of the Immersion Course, please join our at least ONE of our introductory workshops:-
Sundays 14:00~15:30 @ The White Room: March 31st
Tuesdays 19:30~21:00 @ The White Room: Apr 2nd, 9th
FAQ: Can I join just one workshop?
All workshops can be taken independently, however we strongly recommend completing all 5 workshops (over 5 consecutive weeks) to fully take advantage of the courses in order to deepen your learning experience. Priority will be given to those who register for the full course.
Course duration & frequency
- Every Sunday 10am~12 non, 2 hours/workshop/week
- Each workshop is 2 hours, entire module is a total of 10 hours over 5 weeks
- Each week focus on a specific theme gradually progressing to more advanced practices
Fees: Please contact us for details and Bring A Friend Offers
- All dates and content are subjected to change, please stay tuned for the latest info
- Registration are first come first serve basis, please kindly RSVP via a 30% deposit WeChat pay in advance to reserve your space
- In the event of a cancellation resulting from our side, the full deposit will be refunded accordingly
- For hygienic purposes, students are required to bring their own Yoga mats and a small towel; limited blocks and straps may be borrowed while available
We hope to begin this journey of self-exploration and empowerment with you!
Follow us on our Shantih Shala Facebook page to receive the latest news & updates
Follow us on Facebook: Shantih Shala Holistic Arts ©